ToddlerMania

My attempt at the Toddler Mania challenge. An adult Sim raising 7 toddlers.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My attempt at the Toddler Mania Challenge.


The Toman Family... Let's have a closer look at them.


My attempt at my Simself. (gorgeoused up, of course).
This is Kaz. I felt a Knowledge Sim would be the best aspiration for this challenge.
That's not really my goal in life however, but until Maxis come up with a couch-potato aspiration, it'll have to do.
Let's meet the kids,










and they're off!


This is the house- a bedroom for Kaz, and 7 separate bedrooms for the toddlers. A sunken bathroom, massive play area and small kitchen, one sofa, bookcase and a tv. (important for Kaz to have a dream huh?).

As most of the kids head for toys, Kaz starts with potty training Alex. Organised? I think so.

uhoh... so toddlers can get down a slope? hmmm...

fixed... hehe.. was I allowed to do that?
didn't think so.. ;p

The first day wears on, and Kaz doesn't have enough pairs of hands for everyone.
Babs and Richie fall asleep on the floor.

Diaper changing is constant... all the potties are full and Kaz doesn't have enough time to empty them. Time to hire the first Nanny.

This Nanny has bitten off more than she can chew. She constantly brings out bottles due to my serious lack of good household planning.

oh yeah.. and I locked Kaz' bedroom door and the bathroom door.
mwahhhh


ewwwwwww... guess what Richie's splashing in?


Kaz is tired, hungry and desperate. She needs some zzz's.


Much like me, my Simself sleeps in her makeup 'cos she's too lazy to take it off.


The next day starts just as chaotically. I figured making the room 3 tiles long would be enough...
wrong!

Somehow that day Kaz managed to get 4 toddlers in their cribs.
YAY!

Another Nanny is called and some of the kids enjoy 'social hour'.

Kaz calls for another nanny in the hope that she can eat, bathe and sleep!


Are we allowed to order pizza?
good. :)
This baby went into Kaz' inventory and stayed there- I just let her have a couple of pieces a day.

While Kaz enjoyed her pizza, Nanny had her hands full!
Actually, I think Kaz had passed out at this point- again.


What's this? Trying to escape!

Sleeping under the stars-
it's not just for grown-ups.




After about 2 hours sleep Kaz is up again.


Nanny is here again.

Oblivious to her surroundings, Kaz feels it's important to educate with reading.


Rusty enjoys a splash-
ewwwww

We don't know her name but are calling her Britney.
"Oops- I did it again".


A trillion decent bottles on the floor and Sandy picks a manky one.


Rusty appears to be the happiest child in the house.

Alex and Annie are getting along great guns, but Alex keeps eating the little doll people.

It's all a complete disaster really.
Kaz hasn't managed to train one of them in anything... my great plan of her being Knowledge didn't really pay off and she had no desires to train any of them.
At least they are all alive.

With their upcoming birthdays imminent, Kaz heads off to the community centre to buy some new clothes for her kids.
What? this isn't allowed?
oops.
She really did just buy clothes-
didn't spend 3 hours in a hot tub chatting up a very nice townie, drink 12 cups of coffee or ate an entire plate of hotdogs to herself- honest.

That day has arrived- along with a maid (overdue I'd say).
Richie is the first to grow up.

Birthday's all around.

Amazingly, all the kids grew up well.






Richie had the least amount of skills, he was too busy playing in nanny's pee to skill.


Rusty was our star performer with a grand total of 4 skills.


Followed by Sandy- we were shocked at this, Sandy spent much of her time asleep in the garden/bedroom/floor.




So their skills suck.. but they grew up well.
Kaz wants to get them in private school. LOL. (now the darn wants appear).

Scoring,
3 points for each toddler skill (walk, talk, potty)... maximum of 63= um.. nil points
3 points for each toddler that grows up well- total 21 points
half a point for each skill point- total 11 points
-2 points for each nanny hired - 4 nannies-total -8
1 point each time nanny pees herself- total 6 I think... seemed like more. ;)
-5 each time parent passes out- 3 times...total -15.

Sum total= 15 points.

Advanced scoring,
-1 each time toddler passes out- so many times I lost count.
-1 each time diaper is changed- ditto

Grand Sum total- very much in the minus. ;)

Kaz did however manage to get by without a single Social Worker warning or a visit from the Sim Therapist.

This was a fun challenge, thanks Rachel for renewing our interest in it! I'd definitely be game to try it again.
A quick thanks to my wonderful friend MJ, who's custom content I could not live without. ((hugs)).
and to Val, big hugs 'cos she needs them and I hope this makes her laugh.
(((hugs)))

and to anyone else that knows me. ;p

6 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Ziese52 said…

    Very good work. I can't believe she didn't roll wants for her kids to learn stuff! So unfair! Mine started rolling them after the challenge ended too! I'm glad you liked it. I'm doing another myself too, it's addictive, 'cause you're sure you can do better the next time! Great score in my opinion!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Rhexy said…

    Ugh...maybe should have picked a Family aspiration...(compiling mental notes for my future challenges). Sim you looks great! And I love the comment about not taking your makeup off before bed...not like the woman would have time if she wanted to! Nice work.

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Roo said…

    Fabulously funny. You did such a great job! I am seriously thinking I need to try this out.
    Love Richie the best naturally, piddle playing is sickeningly hilarious to me!

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Val said…

    Big Hugs back my dear friend!!!
    I smiled from ear to ear while I chuckled at the thought of those 7 toddlers running the house :-)

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger javajan32 said…

    What a fun story. Your recap of your sims visit downtown was very funny.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger tktrn99 said…

    Great job! Sorry I'm just now reading this! My, you definately had your hands full....toddlers, bottles, and nanny pee everywhere! Looks like they turned out well! Good job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home